Study with me via Skype
One the most important aspects of choosing a teacher is to look at their experience as both a player and instructor. I’ve played in 30 different countries and performed extreme progressive rock with Virgil Donati, to intimate jazz trio music with Mitch Forman and Marvin “Smitty” Smith. I’ve headlined both Sweden’s and Canada’s drum festivals with Virgil and Kirk Covington respectively.
As a teacher, my students have performed with everyone from George Michael to Primal Scream to the Los Angeles Philharmonic! I also was the youngest faculty member at The Bass Collective when I lived in NYC, and regularly give Masterclasses at M.I in Hollywood and at the Los Angeles College of Music. Additionally my Creative Bass Lesson column in No Treble’s online magazine was voted best column for 2017 (with three of my videos in the top 10 spot.)
I offer Skype lessons to students of all levels. Some of the topics I cover include:
- Mastering knowledge of the Fingerboard.
- Learning to effectively use scales and modes in practical settings.
- Creating effective basslines.
- Walking bass and improvising over jazz standards-starting with analysis of the blues and basic chord substitution.
- Technique-right and left hand.
- Learning to Read Music.